Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Random Thoughts...

...Seeing as how Thursday is Turkey Day, I am treating today as Friday and running the Random Thoughts. This also means I won't be posting anything new between now and Friday. I'm going to try and throw something up Sunday, but I am moving into a new apartment on Monday, so I may not have any new content up until Tuesday. (Was that as confusing to follow as it seemed when I was typing it?) I just thought I would pass that information on to my four readers. In the mean time, check out anything you may have missed. Like my column about the Twins bench that I inexplicably posted amidst the Mauer MVP frenzy. That, my friends, is called bad timing.

...By the way, I didn't write anything about Joe Mauer winning MVP because there has already been enough written. Also, there really isn't much to say. He was the obvious choice, and had anyone else won it would have been a travesty. Now, if Mauer doesn't re-sign this offseason, THAT I will write about. In the form of me bitching every few days.

...I was having a conversation with a friend of mine about the Saints and Vikings the other day. During this conversation he sent me a text that said, "I think the Saints are good but they haven't beat anyone and could lose a couple of their upcoming games." Interestingly enough, a Saints fan somewhere is saying the exact same thing about the Vikings.

...Apparently their is a high school in Minnesota called the Blooming Prairie Awesome Blossoms. I'd make a joke, but that would just seem like overkill.

...Here is a link to a picture of the Twins ridiculous red jerseys from 1997. Why? Because why not? That's why. Well, actually, I occasionally get the urge to go on a Google hunt for pictures of those jerseys -- I'm weird like that -- and now I have a link in one spot. Basically this is for my personal enjoyment. Feel free to enjoy it along with me.

...Being unemployed has caused me to lose all sense of time. I have no idea what day of the week it is anymore. Honestly, I have no idea what the hell is going on around me at any given time. I pretty much just sleep all day though anyway, so it probably doesn't matter all that much.

...Hot, Crazy Girlfriend Smashes XBOX. I like the simple things in life. Like when a video delivers exactly what it promises. Although, using the dude's driver seemed like overkill if you ask me. More importantly, though, did anyone else thing the girl was disproportionately attractive for the guy?

...If you watched that last video and thought it was boring, I would like you to know that I agree with you. I only posted it because I wanted to get the whole disproportionately hot thing out there. Few things are more annoying than seeing a cute girl with a guy that looks like a huge tool. Of course, in most cases -- like the one above -- the girl is probably bitch, so it kind of makes sense. Regardless, you can't tell me seeing a cute girl with a guy that looks either kind of dumpy or kind of douchey doesn't annoy you. I'm glad I got that off my chest.

...Is a bacon mug (scroll down) the worst, or greatest invention ever? I suppose it depends solely on what you put in said mug, but either way I am intrigued.

...So Jimmy Claussen got clocked in the face, eh? Shouldn't this be like a carnival game or something? Pay $1 to punch an obnoxious athlete/celebrity in the face. Who wouldn't want to do that? At the very least, they should have a game where you beat the shit out of a blowup doll or cardboard cutout of an obnoxious celebrity/athlete. I would gladly pay $1 to beat up Nick Swisher, and I don't even have any money. Those two things may or may not be related...

...I like to think my life hasn't peaked at age 22, but then I find out this site is the third most popular result when Googling "testicle groping." It is hard to imagine a scenario in life that will top this achievement. Other than moving to number one, obviously.

...If you don't watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, you should. Season 7 was one of the best seasons of a sitcom I have ever seen. Yeah, I said it.

...Is Kenny Williams actively trying to build one of the worst offences in Major League Baseball? I'm not complaining by any means, I'm just asking.

...Only 91 days until we can all stop pretending to care about football!

...Too be fair, nobody wants to look at a fat baby.

...I would gladly welcome the addition of Rich Harden to the Twins, but at some point you have to wonder about a guys durability. I'm not big on the whole "injury prone" idea, most of the time it just seems like bad luck. At some point, however, you do have to wonder if the guy doesn't condition himself very well, or if he is just a huge pansy. Neither option seems all the comforting.

...If you ask me, Thanksgiving is kind of overrated. I enjoy eating as much as the next guy, but an entire holiday dedicated to driving an hour and a halfish (for me at least) to meet up with your extended family just to have a giant meal, seems like more trouble than its worth. Plus, there hasn't been a decent Thanksgiving Day football game in like ten years. Can we stop showing the Lions every year? Please?

...With that said, I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy stuffing your face and don't forget to set your fantasy lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment